Profile Exchange Thread

Share and exchange custom profiles for the TrackIR software.
Deon van Huizen

Re: Profile Exchange Thread

Post by Deon van Huizen »

On my default settings flying a Cesna 172 I can not get my view (Head) down enough to view the pedals. I'm not sure how to adjust the pitch to move down more?
The reason why I bought the Trackir is to get the movement/views like the PMDG 737 NGX in the Angle of Attack demo. I have tried various combinations of settings but do not have any luck. As with the default Cesna I cant't get my view to move down far enough. My point of view also get stuck very close to the instrument panel and I can not move it futher back.
Is there a profile available for the PMDG 737 NGX?

Thank you
Deon van Huizen
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I don't know if there's a specific profile for that plane, however I would recommend making the following edit:

Go to advanced options, select pitch. Uncheck mirror, then raise the line on the left half of the graph about 1.5x to 2x. This should greatly increase your range of motion when looking down.
Deon van Huizen

Post by Deon van Huizen »

Thanks Mike - will do.
leo96

Post by leo96 »

Hello all:
for some reason i ahve been having alot of difficulties in calibrating my track ir, mainly because i am not an engineer from Nasa. i've tried all the submitted profiles , but none of them are good for me . for example, i use rise of flight iron crsoss edition. i have played around withb all the curves , all defualt proflies , but cant even look back tomsee iof someone is ready to shoot me down.
in the case of FSX which i also have , i have also palyed around with the curves , speeds , smoothness, but i just cant get a normal speed. all i get is sick to my stomach !! LOL. the closest i got ewas 0.1 of speed and 50 smoothness, but the curves are impossible. in iron cross i cant look at the taiul inb my plane , in fsx i can , but the speed is too fast. any tutorials on youtube ?? any pictures ? any help from anyone ?? thank you in advance
regards
Leo
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=leo96]Hello all:
for some reason i ahve been having alot of difficulties in calibrating my track ir, mainly because i am not an engineer from Nasa. i've tried all the submitted profiles , but none of them are good for me . for example, i use rise of flight iron crsoss edition. i have played around withb all the curves , all defualt proflies , but cant even look back tomsee iof someone is ready to shoot me down.
in the case of FSX which i also have , i have also palyed around with the curves , speeds , smoothness, but i just cant get a normal speed. all i get is sick to my stomach !! LOL. the closest i got ewas 0.1 of speed and 50 smoothness, but the curves are impossible. in iron cross i cant look at the taiul inb my plane , in fsx i can , but the speed is too fast. any tutorials on youtube ?? any pictures ? any help from anyone ?? thank you in advance
regards
Leo

[/quote]
I would really recommend sticking with the Default profile, a speed of 1, and smoothness set to whatever feels comfortable (ideally as low as you can go before feeling like it's too "fast"). The Default profile is optimized for new TrackIR users, and if you're not able to get settled with TrackIR using that setup, it's unlikely that other profiles will do the trick.

If you haven't already, give yourself a couple of days to get acclimated. For some users, this is necessary. If, after several days with the same settings, you're still not getting a good feel for TrackIR, check back in and see if we can provide some tips. But often, in scenarios like these, the issue has more to do with acclimation than tweaking settings.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
adamg60804

Post by adamg60804 »

Hello all,

Using TIR5 in Falcon BMS 4.32 and love it. But when inside the 3D cockpit, looking over my left shoulder, the view zooms in automatically and I don't want it to do that at all(It doesn't zoom out when I move farther away form the sensor). I am just twisting my head to the left, not leaning into the sensor (tracker at all). It doesn't do this when looking over my right shoulder. I am using Default profile, Deadzone template, Speed= 0.8, Smooth= 31. Please help.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Is the camera positioned directly in front of you or is it off to the side? is it angled oddly?

Can you change your view appropriately with a hat switch?
DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie »

Has anyone got a workable Take On Helicopters profile? The 6DOF seems quite muntered as I can't look at the lower left and right quadrants of the chopper without losing it.. need it to be like my DCS profile where you get more degrees of movement from smaller head movements.

Ta :)
cessnaman

Post by cessnaman »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]I don't know if there's a specific profile for that plane, however I would recommend making the following edit:

Go to advanced options, select pitch. Uncheck mirror, then raise the line on the left half of the graph about 1.5x to 2x. This should greatly increase your range of motion when looking down. [/quote]

If you line on the left to increase your range looking down, then would you use thwe line on the right to increase the range for looking up? I can't get my range looking up far enough to get at irs.
My head is all the way up and I looking through the bottom of my galsses to see the screen.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=DarkMellie]Has anyone got a workable Take On Helicopters profile? The 6DOF seems quite muntered as I can't look at the lower left and right quadrants of the chopper without losing it.. need it to be like my DCS profile where you get more degrees of movement from smaller head movements.

Ta :)[/quote]
I heard rumblings from Bohemia about a new build of TOH with adjusted TrackIR settings in the pipe, as well as a developer-recommended TrackIR profile. I'll be sure to share if I see those come through on my end.

When comparing to any DCS games, keep in mind that the DCS developers scale the incoming head tracking data another 20% or so in-game from what TrackIR streams out. So it's likely that profiles tuned to a DCS title might not work as well with other titles.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack