Motion Builder Crashing

Wintg005

Motion Builder Crashing

Post by Wintg005 »

I was hoping that someone may be able to help me out with an issue Im having with the VCS camera rig we are using. We are running into an issue with the camera crashing quite frequently in motion builder. I have been trying to change the button options on the right hand side but every time I try to choose something on my drop down, motion builder crashes. Therefore Im unable to get the buttons remapped.

We are using motionbuilder 2011 and streaming the data in from vicon blade along with the optitrack plug in. Thanks!
morgan
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Motion Builder Crashing

Post by morgan »

We're unable to reproduce this behavior here so it may be an issue with how the host machine/user permisssions are configured. One possibility is file permissions.

Can you make sure you are running as administrator on the host machine. Also, you might verify that VCS profiles are correctly updating. The default location for VCS profiles is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\MotionBuilderPlugin\Profiles

Also - is the device a VCS Mini (XBox controller) or a VCS Pro?

If you arent able to resolve this send an email to support@naturalpoint.com and we can track this down.

thx

Morgan
DonBurroni

Post by DonBurroni »

I had the same thing today, it's a file permissions issue, you need it set to full control.
Claudio Alvaro

Post by Claudio Alvaro »

Sorry about reviving an old thread, but we've been experiencing a lot of crashes in MotionBuilder 2015 with the Insight VCS Device. Sometimes so much so, our only resort is to reboot the host machine.

Are there any known issues we should be aware of? Most of the issues encountered are from 2012...

We're willing to work with someone at natural point to improve stability. Also can we send call stacks to someone at natural point, would that help?