Insight VCS

MikeHedges

Re: Insight VCS

Post by MikeHedges »

Hi All,

I have installed the Camera under Motionbuilder 2011, I am however running a Motion Analysis optical system. All seems to be coming together apart from the issue discribed above.

I can Pan UP/DOWN, LEFT/RIGHT, RESET, FOCAL LENGTH. Everything is as it should be apart from anything that requires a rotation value so ROTATE LEFT/RIGHT/UP/DOWN and TILT LEFT/RIGHT. The values are changing but does not effect the camera, is there a link thats not connected?

Also running under XP64bit the Controllers do not connect? Windows XP 32bit is fine.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
MikeHedges

Post by MikeHedges »

Is anyone looking into the Motionbuilder issues?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello Mike -

We are looking into the motionbuilder issue, and we are working on trying to replicate the issue. Would it be possible to get some more information as to your system setup to help track this down?
CanopyVFX

Post by CanopyVFX »

Hello All, I'd like to report that I am having similar issues with the MotionBuilder 2.4.0 plugin. Camera rotations do not come through properly (at all).

My setup is as follows:
- Arena 1.7.1 with 18 x v100 cameras
- Insight VCS camera system
- MotionBuilder 2011 64bit with Optitrack MotionBuilder 2.4.0 plugin.
- Streaming 1 skeleton and 1 rigid body to MotionBuilder

Everything is working as expected, except for the camera rotations not working at all, and camera offset position (which I know can be changed manually). The rotation is the most important thing, my camera rotations are locked at (0,0,0).

I've tried all the things in this post regarding translation and rotation smoothing to no avail.

I also know this isn't a MotionBuilder issue as the previous version of the plugin, 2.3.0, had camera rotations working fine. I don't want to go back to that version of the plugin as I had the problem with the actor being in the wrong position and parented weirdly to a rigid body. This problem is not present in 2.4.0

Thanks, I hope a solution can be found very soon, I need this up and running properly in under a week!

Cheers,

Adrian.
MikeHedges

Post by MikeHedges »

Ok here is the setup:

Streaming the 4 optical markers into MB 2011.
Added a marker from in Motionbuilder and constrained it to the 4 markers being streamed in.

Attached VCS camera to the marker in the VCS drop down.

Thats pretty much it, unless you want a copy of the FBX file,
MikeHedges

Post by MikeHedges »

Everything is as it should be, connection works and the camera is live. there is just no rotation control data is going into the plugin but the camera is not affected.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Hello -

I have been speaking with our developer on this issue, and it appears that the problem was specific to that release. A fix for the issue is in development.
CanopyVFX

Post by CanopyVFX »

Excellent, thanks
MikeHedges

Post by MikeHedges »

That is good new, in the meantime should I go back a plugin version?

I need to run with Motion Builder 2011 and a Motion Analysis optical system
NaturalPoint - Mike

If you have immediate need, going back a version may be a plausible solution. A release date has not yet been announced for the new version of the plugin, but it will be after Arena 1.7.2 final is released.