VCS Device properties

hutch

VCS Device properties

Post by hutch »

hello VCS users

I'd like to know the following:

1) how to change the defaults, I'd like to have the VCS Device default properties set to certain Rotation and Translation smooth values as well as a higher Focal Length Max. so I don't have to change these every time I create a new Device

2) what does the EulerOrder value correspond to ? The default seems to be '7' but I have a sizeable 'bump' over a 180 degree pan as the rotation values go through what seems to be gimbal. I'm guessing this property may hold clues as to how to improve this

many thanks!
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: VCS Device properties

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

At the moment, there is no mechanisim to save values through uses, however I have brought this to the attention of our plugin developers and they have added it to a list of feature requests for future versions.

As for EulerOrder, this setting literally changes the order in which Euler translations are applied (x then y then z vs x then z then y vs y then x then z et. cetera). In most circumstances, you should never need to change this. If you believe that the order in which they are being applied is causing issue with your motion capture, I would recommend contacting support@naturalpoint.com before changing this value.

Additionally, I believe you had asked about specifying a framerate for recording with the VCS in Mobu through email earlier this week. The VCS records frames at the rate specified by the playback transport control such that if the rate is different than the capture rate, frames will be appropriately dropped to keep the data in sync. Plotting after the capture is still a manual process, however you may be able to automate this with a script of some sort.
hutch

Re: VCS Device properties

Post by hutch »

hi Mike,
thanks so much for all the info.

much appreciated!