Button data

koneal

Button data

Post by koneal »

Is there a version of the plugin where I can get the raw data feed from the buttons? If I wanted to overwrite the functionality of the buttons with something other than what is provided in the plugin I don't seem to have a way to do this from the plugin. I can always plug a button into a python script, but this is a fire and forget solution vs. being able to hook the data feed up to a relation constraint and do my own work with it. I can use Joystick inputs, but it's missing the "Dial" buttons at the top. The default joystick doesn't understand this type of button.

Thanks!
Kevin @ Ubisoft
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Button data

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello Kevin -

Just to let you know, I have forwarded your questions, and should be getting an answer for you shortly.
morgan
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by morgan »

Raw button output is currently not directly exposed to MotionBuilder, but as you mention the axis and joystick buttons can be accessed via the mobu standard joystick device.

The Dial control is a special type of axis control so likely wont work with the standard mobu joystick device.

Hooking up the buttons to something like a relation constraint should be OK, but for now hooking up the dial to something outside the plugin would be tough. If you need this, again let us know and we can look into exposing this value through the device property interface which could allow for access to either the script system or the relation contraint system.
koneal

Post by koneal »

K, this is what I assumed, once again, I contact support@naturalpoint.com?

Thanks for your help!
Kevin
morgan
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by morgan »

Hey Kevin -

Yep - support@naturalpoint.com is the best place to route all bug reports and feature requests.