Max number of objects per frame

evaltuille

Max number of objects per frame

Post by evaltuille »

Hello,

i have been looking for the maximun number of objects that can be returned per frame but i have not founded it; there is a method lo limit it but i don't know what is the limit. Could you help me with this?

Thanks.

Eduardo Valtuille Fernandez
VincentG

Re: Max number of objects per frame

Post by VincentG »

How many 'objects' (i.e. markers) is the OptiTrack system capable of detecting?

The number of markers that the OptiTrack is capable of tracking depends on the size of the markers and the distance they are from the camera. At a distance of four feet, the FLEX:C120 can track at least 40 half-inch markers and the V100R2 and V100 cameras can track at least 80 half-inch markers.
evaltuille

Post by evaltuille »

My question is to know if the sdk is limited to any number of objects; the aplication we have developed is to detect small points in a screen and the division of the screen size and the biggest of that points is bigger than 1000. It would be the sdk give me the coordinates of the 1000 points in the top case of have that number of points?. No tracking, just the coordinates.

Thanks a lot
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

I believe the maximum is 256 for tracked 2D markers. The only way you can work around this in the current is to fetch the frame buffer from the camera and look through the pixels yourself unfortunately.