Any ideas/suggestions/nudges in the right direction?

MaJellin

Any ideas/suggestions/nudges in the right direction?

Post by MaJellin »

I'm working on continuing a project abandoned by a different team. The previous team purchased three Flex: V100 cameras which I would like to continue using. However, I have a different use in mind for them and I will only require greyscale video and still capture functionality. However, I have a very limited knowledge of programming and only in java. All I would like to do is view the video feeds from two of the cameras on a single computer screen and periodically capture still images from the feeds. The still captures must occur simultaneously for the two cameras. That is, when I capture a still from one camera, the other camera should capture a still at the same instant. I have downloaded the SDK and a sample application used to view the feeds from the cameras as well as directshow and the opticapture recording tool. Unfortunatly, the recording tool will not run on my computer and the basic sample application will not allow me to view greyscale video or display two feeds on the screen at once. I also tried to use the SDK in java with the JACOB COM bridge but I'm having issues getting that to work as well. I feel that a solution to my problem is possible seeing as I need only to employ the most basic functionality of the cameras. Any help you could offer would be fantastic.
Thank you.