INPObject attributes : Rank and Score

asuteau

INPObject attributes : Rank and Score

Post by asuteau »

Hello,

I'd like to develop a multi-dot tracking application. So I'd like to identify the different dots in a frame.
In the INPObject class, I've seen the parameters Score and Rank which seem interesting. But I don't understand the difference between these two parameters. Which one is used to identify each dot in a frame ?

Moreover, I've seen that it's possible to disable scoring and ranking algorithms by turning the option NP_OPTION_SCORING_ENABLED to VARIANT_FALSE. Then, is it possible to set a defined index for each dot, so that it doesn't change during the entire tracking session ?

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,
Aymeric.
Birch

Re: INPObject attributes : Rank and Score

Post by Birch »

An objects score is the aggregate value of the weighted scoring parameters for the object. The ranking is the order of preference derived from comparing the scoring values of all objects found in the frame. The object with a rank of 1 is the "tracked" object. You can adjust the scoring parameters to influence the criteria used for selecting which is the "tracked" object.

If you would like more advanced or flexible 2D tracking then you may wish to review the links found in the following forum thread.

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post35347