Baseline 2D not working with every TrackIR 5 Camera

Striezel

Baseline 2D not working with every TrackIR 5 Camera

Post by Striezel »

Hello!

I know, that the Optitrack Baseline 2D SDK is a retired product, why I don't expect any support, but maybe someone knows a solution for my problem:

I have written a small Application with the latest SDK, which works great with my TrackIR5-Camera (111459). Now, trying the same application with another TrackIR5-Camera (157422) fails. The Camera is not responding, none of the lights lit on startup. Both Cameras work flawless with the TrackIR Software 5.1 though.

Is there any solution to this problem?
beckdo

Re: Baseline 2D not working with every TrackIR 5 Camera

Post by beckdo »

When developing an application using the latest version of the Camera SDK, it should work properly with all our devices. If that's not the case, we need to take a closer look at why it's not working.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason for mentioning the older SDK? If the application was compiled with that SDK, it's drivers, or DLLs, it's entirely possible that the new TrackIR won't work with it, as a change was made requiring new software around for any device with a serial past 155662.

If it was compiled with the latest Camera SDK then there shouldn't be an issue where an older TrackIR worked, but a newer one did not.
Striezel

Post by Striezel »

The Application was written with the Baseline 2D SDK, because it made use of the Vector-Clip.
Since I don't know how many changes would be needed to replace the Baseline 2D SDK with the Camera SDK, I didn't yet consider doing so.
NaturalPoint - Mike

The latest version of the Camera SDK will work with the newer TrackIR 5 devices, as well as the vector clip and TrackClip Pro. SDK versions released previous to december of 2010 will not function with the newer TrackIR 5 cameras, so upgrading would probably be advisable at this point.
Striezel

Post by Striezel »

Excuse my late response, but I have one further question:

Are there any other advantages or disadvantages of the newer product compared to the older one in any way (like: speed, accuracy etc.)?
NaturalPoint - Mike

The change was due to a manufacturing revision of the TrackIR board, and does not reflect any changes in features or reliability.
Striezel

Post by Striezel »

Good to hear that. Thank you for the information.
AlanSL

Post by AlanSL »

Is it right, that latest TrackIR5 devices (176837)coudn't be managed via Optitrack Baseline 2D SDK OR this is still possible?

I'm quering because I could not find any comprehensive documentation for CameraSDK while it is available for Optitrack SDK.

Thanks!
NaturalPoint - Mike

This is correct. TrackIR 5 units beyond serial 155662 are not compatible with the OptiTrack Baseline 2D SDK.