Flex 13 not getting image

Share source code samples for use with the Camera SDK
dfanon

Flex 13 not getting image

Post by dfanon »

Hello,
I am a college student and fairly new to the usage of the SDK and, so far, I am having tons of problems that I am fixing one way or another. My professor has a Flex 13 camera and I am trying to use the Camera SDK to process the video in real time for a project. However, I am not even getting video from the samples!
When I try to run the visualtest.exe from the bin folder, my computer recognizes the camera, showing its Serial Number, Data rate, FPS and FrameID, but no image is shown. What may be the problem? So far, we haven't had any problem while using the camera with Motive.
I use Windows 10 64-bit and I am really stuck with this problem for a while now.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Flex 13 not getting image

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello dfanon,

I believe you opened a Support ticket with us and that I have responded to you there, but here is some information regarding your experience.

From what you describe, it sounds like you have the firewall or antivirus enabled on the PC. When this is the case, the application will still be able to connect, but will not receive any data from the cameras.
To begin, you can verify that your firewall and antivirus are disabled. In some cases, antivirus software has been known to continue interfering until fully uninstalled.

If you continue to struggle with this, please feel free to respond to your open ticket, and we can continue working together there.

Thanks,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com