Share source code samples for use with the Camera SDK
herrry99

Re: Camera images to OpenCV

Post by herrry99 »

My settings for one cam are:

my cam->SetVideoType(CameraLibrary::MJPEGMode);
my cam->SetAEC(true);
my cam->SetAGC(true);

is this the best configuration for speed increasing in OpenCV? for real-time?
[/quote]
I personally found AEC and AGC of no help, so I always keep them off, but YMMV. The camera settings don't have an effect on the speed with OpenCV. The "CPU expensive" operation (but still affordable) is the call to rasterize(). If you only need marker positions, you might want to go without pictures (using Precision mode).
davidtheory wrote: I saw the image processing example and the way they render the image with OpenGL seems (my perception) to be faster than showing the image in an OpenCV window.
herrry99

Re: Camera images to OpenCV

Post by herrry99 »

herrry99 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:50 am My settings for one cam are:

my cam->SetVideoType(CameraLibrary::MJPEGMode);
my cam->SetAEC(true);
my cam->SetAGC(true);

is this the best configuration for speed increasing in OpenCV? for real-time?
I personally found AEC and AGC of no help, so I always keep them off, but YMMV. The camera settings don't have an effect on the speed with OpenCV. The "CPU expensive" operation (but still affordable) is the call to rasterize(). If you only need marker positions, you might want to go without pictures (using Precision mode).
davidtheory wrote: I saw the image processing example and the way they render the image with OpenGL seems (my perception) to be faster than showing the image in an OpenCV window.
Last edited by jillian.smythe on Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing hidden link