Apply delay in synchronization

evaltuille

Apply delay in synchronization

Post by evaltuille »

Hello,

we are using the old sdk because for our system we designed a device to synchronize externally the cameras. We "copy" the synch signal from the master one and we pass it to the next camera 5 ms later so we have a system working at 200 Hz instead of 100. Really we got 4 groups of cameras delayed 2.5 ms so we got a system at 400 Hz.

Looking to the new Flex 13 camera we think that this new camera is not available for the last sdk. Is there any possibility to delay the synchronizaton by software with the new sdk?

Can this new cameras setted to 100 Hz each one?

I think the documentation extracted from the sdk installer is "a little poor". Have you got any other documentation?

Thanks a lot.

Eduardo.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Apply delay in synchronization

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

The newer Camera SDK does contain the same features for shutter delay that the OptiTrack API contained, and you are correct. The OptiTrack API will not work with the Flex 13. You will need to update your project to the Camera SDK to utilize these.

Flex 13 framerate is directly controllable through the SDK, and can be set to any rate between 8 and 120 fps.
evaltuille

Post by evaltuille »

Hello,
and what about to apply the delay in the synch signal externally or by software? Is there any option?

Thanks
NaturalPoint - Mike

External synchronization and signal delay can be achieved through the synchronization methods in the SDK with an OptiHub, eSync, or I/O-X.
evaltuille

Post by evaltuille »

Could you help me how to do that? If I want to delay 4 cameras, I need 4 optiHub? What is I/O-X?

Thanks.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Hello -

You should not need individual OptiHubs for each group. You will need to define a camera group for each camera or set of cameras that will operate at the same shutter delay, then offset the delay of the camera group appropriately.

Example: I have 12 cameras, and I want 400fps

Group 1: Cameras 1, 5, 9 (0us offset)
Group 2: Cameras 2, 6, 10 (2500us offset)
Group 3: Cameras 3, 7, 11 (5000us offset)
Group 4: Cameras 4, 8, 12 (7500us offset)

The I/O-X is a device that performs external sync for V120:Duo and V120:Trio cameras.
evaltuille

Post by evaltuille »

Hello,

and how I offset the delay? I can create the groups but i don't know how to offset the delay.

Thanks.
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

In the Camera SDK, you can set a camera's shutter delay with the function camera->SetShutterDelay(delay). The delay is in microseconds.
maikelnai

Post by maikelnai »

Hello,

I'm using the SetShutterDelay method to delay 2 Slim 13E cameras. They are connected using a NetGear GS108PE. I'm getting measurements of the time between the frames of the cameras and they look like no delay between them. I have tried with different values (0, 1000, 2000, 3000) but no changes.
The same sw has worked properly with Flex 3 cameras, including the delay, using an OptiHub.

Is needed an external device to obtain the delay in the shutter? Is needed another extra setting for this cameras?

Thanks.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello maikelnai,

Thank you for contacting us with your questions.

No external device is needed to use SetShutterDelay() with your cameras.
The maximum delay for the Slim 13E, in micro seconds, is given by:
ABS( [(1E6 / frame_rate) - exposure - 200] / 2 )

Could you please let us know how the measurements of the time between the frames of the cameras are being calculated?

Best regards,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Customer Support Engineer