Incorrect Orientation for TrackClip Pro

pazuzu

Incorrect Orientation for TrackClip Pro

Post by pazuzu »

Hello,

I'm trying to read the orientation of a TrackClip Pro, using the vector processor in the Camera SDK (the camera is TrackIR5). As a start, I've simply modified the sample in the SDK so that it uses the TrackClip Pro arrangement (the Arrangement member of both cVectorProcessingSettings and cVectorSettings). The resulting dots (retrieved by GetResult) seem to be correct in both cases (VectorClip and TrackClipPro), but the orientation (retrieved by calling GetOrientation) only seems correct for the VectorClip - for the TrackClipPro the angles DO change and are within the expected range (i.e. not garbage or anything), but do not represent the current orientation of the clip - not even close to it, actually, though consistently - that is not random, just distorted or perhaps rotated).
Since there is no documentation for the various settings, of the vector processor (and vector module) - perhaps I'm missing some parameter somewhere? (When I run the TrackIR software, it seems to work very well for both marker types). For example, should the Distance12, Distance23 etc be modified - the default values seem to be correct for VectorClip, but not for TrackClipPro - is changing the arrangement enough, or is something else needed? Is there anyone out there who can confirm it works for TrackClipPro? (actually works, with verified values). And can someone explain at least some of the parameters of cVectorSettings and cVectorProcessingSettings? (I figured out some of them, like scale, and camera parameters, but stuff like smoothing factors and so on could be interesting...).
Another question - what exactly is the meaning of the value returned by GetPosition - it's not in the same coordinate space as GetResult, and I couldn't figure it out...

Thank and bye for now,
Ido.
StreetRat

Re: Incorrect Orientation for TrackClip Pro

Post by StreetRat »

Ive had the same problems between the VectorClip and TrackClipPro as well, unfortunately i wasnt able to find a solution and got sidetracked so the project was put on hold.
I did a quick test, just printing out the values and came up with the values here - http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... 289&page=2 (rather than paste them)
glvenlan

Post by glvenlan »

I've had the same problem, and searh for a answer.
how to make the Camera SDK to work on TrackClipPro?
is there any sample?
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hey guys, I will do some research on this. I should get back to you shortly.
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav