how can I control status LEDs with the SmartNav 4?

bertd

how can I control status LEDs with the SmartNav 4?

Post by bertd »

When I try to control the LEDs using a SmartNav 4 camera and the OptiTrack Camera SDK 1.1.3 (and the corresponding drivers, Win7 x64, 32-bit app), nothing happens. The physical LEDs seem to be working, because I see them cycle when I plug in the device. The same code works fine with a TrackIR 5.

Am I missing something? (Also, I'm sorry if this is already answered somewhere, I did try searching but didn't find anything.)

What I'm currently doing is simply this:

camera->SetLED(GreenStatusLED, true);
Sleep(900);
camera->SetLED(GreenStatusLED, false);
Sleep(100);

then repeat for RedStatusLED, CaseStatusLED, LeftGreenStatusLED, RightGreenStatusLED, LeftRedStatusLED, RightRedStatusLED. I can make a stand-alone example if that would help.
bertd

Re: how can I control status LEDs with the SmartNav 4?

Post by bertd »

Oh, one other thing worth mentioning: I do this before trying to grab any frame data etc. (but after initializing the camera, of course).
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hmm, on looking into it, we've found that the SmartNav status LED is not supported by the current release of the Camera SDK. We're working to hook it up for the next version.
bertd

Post by bertd »

Thank you for looking into this so promptly! And also for making some great hardware and software. =)

Do you have any idea when the next release may happen? (If it will be a long time, we'd also be happy to take beta or testing releases, but we do understand that might create more work for you.)
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Send me an email. Support@naturalpoint.com