Custom cVectorSettings and cVectorProcessingSettings?

carpetfluff

Custom cVectorSettings and cVectorProcessingSettings?

Post by carpetfluff »

I have a single Flex 13 camera that I'd like to use to track the position and orientation of some simple ground-based robots. The camera will be mounted on a microphone stand, providing an overhead view of the robots, since I'm only interested in capturing 2D tracking data.

I plan to use 3 reflective markers per robot, each arranged in a unique pattern such that the triangles they form can be distinguished from each other based on marker distances. Can I simply create my own custom cVectorSettings and cVectorProcessingSettings objects that describe the marker pattern for a particular robot (e.g. by setting values like Distance12, PivotOffsetX, CenterX etc), or are these objects restricted for use only with the VectorClip and TrackClipPro?

From looking at the VectorTracking project example code, I would need one cVectorSettings object and one cVectorProcessingSettings object per robot. I would have to write my own algorithm that processes the (x, y) coordinates of every reflective marker extracted from the frame, and determines which 3 markers belong to each robot. I would then use PushMarkerData() to pass the coordinates of the 3 markers belonging to a single robot to the appropriate cVectorSettings object, and do this for every robot. After the calls to Calculate() and PushData(), I should then be able to get the position and orientation of each robot using GetPosition() and GetOrientation().

Would this be possible with the Camera SDK?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Custom cVectorSettings and cVectorProcessingSettings?

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

It might be a bit difficult to process multiple robots through vector. You might want to consider a V120:Duo or V120:Trio. For close to the same equipment overhead, you can do true 3D tracking and use the Tracking Tools API to output position and orientation of the robots with respect to a known origin.