Problem:“error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol”

Dawei Jiang

Problem:“error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol”

Post by Dawei Jiang »

I am trying to use the camera SDK to build my first camera program. I am using XP sp3,VS2008 and V120:SLIM camera. I followed the introduction.txt, but there were some errors came out when I tried to compile it. I have added the Camera SDK\include folder as the additional include directories which include the cameralibrary.h.

Here is the part of the error code:"1>CameraStart.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CameraLibrary::CameraManager::Shutdown(void)" (?Shutdown@CameraManager@CameraLibrary@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function _wmain"

Thanks for your help!
jolsonsalem

Re: Problem:“error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol”

Post by jolsonsalem »

Do you get the same errors when trying to compile the sample programs?

It looks like a linker error, did you add the lib folder to the linker path or copy the desired cameralibrary lib file into your project directory?
Dawei Jiang

Post by Dawei Jiang »

I can compile the sample program, MJPEGViewer, without any errors. I found in the sample programs there are supportcode.cpp and supportcode.h file. What do they work for?

I still feel confused on header file and lib files. Could you give me some detailed instruction for my first program? Thank you very much!
Dawei Jiang

Post by Dawei Jiang »

I did add the lib folder to the linker path, but the errors keep coming out.