Camera SDK and MATLAB

sabres839

Camera SDK and MATLAB

Post by sabres839 »

Has anyone successfully used the new Camera SDK with MATLAB. I have had success with the old TrackingToolsAPI but would like to use the new SDK since the old one is being discontinued. The biggest concern is using the sync function with I don't think the old API supports, if I am wrong please let me know. Thanks.

I can load in using the simple loadlibrary function but no functions are available. So I'm guessing this new SDK is implemented differently. I'm not a great programmer so any help would be great.
Seth Steiling

Re: Camera SDK and MATLAB

Post by Seth Steiling »

The dev kit that was discontinued was the OptiTrack SDK, not the Tracking Tools API. The Camera SDK is the replacement for the OptiTrack SDK, and it offers similar functionality (core hardware access for 2D data, hardware sync, etc.).

If you're looking for an API level interface to 6 DOF tracking data, the Camera SDK does not provide that. The Tracking Tools API (or Tracking Tools + NatNet, VRPN, or trackd) will remain your best option. If you're looking for access to 2D object information for computer vision applications, the Camera SDK will be ideal.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack