Trio calibration and CameraSDK

Anaghir

Trio calibration and CameraSDK

Post by Anaghir »

Hi,

I am using a Trio Camera with the CameraSDK and would like to know if there are any informations on the 3 cameras orientation (yaw, pitch, roll) I can get directly from the SDK or do I have to calibrate them myself.

I do not want to use TrackingTools.

Thanks
Anaghir

Re: Trio calibration and CameraSDK

Post by Anaghir »

Hi,

We've been working on our auto-calibration. In the process, we used the distortion model given by the API. Browsing this forum, we saw that the model returned is not necessarly the good one. It seems, we have the distortion model of a camera with 45� FOV, which isn't our model (we work on TRIO:120, with 57.5 FOV and 3.5mm focal model).

Is it possible to get the distortion model for this particular lens ?

Thanks.
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

The Camera SDK is considered 2D only. So you're not going to be able to get any triangulated information out of the Camera SDK for the Trio. What is preventing you from using the Tracking Tools API (included in the Tracking Tools installer) ? It will stream out 2D and 3D information.

The Camera SDK doesn't have any sort of camera calibration so the distortion model you receive is the default distortion model for the device connected.
Anaghir

Post by Anaghir »

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the quick answer.

We do not use Tracking Tools because we use several Trio cameras (and possibly others), and so need to design our own 3D reconstruction algorithm.

We've achieved some promising result so far.
I undestand that the model accessible from the Camera SDK is nothing but a "default" model (no computation recalculing the parameters). But it seems to us that this model is based on a 45� FOV camera, which isn't the camera inside the Trio in regards of the specification. That's why I asked for the "default" model for the M12 lenses within the Trio, if possible.

Thanks.