Re-initializing CameraManager after Shutdown()

aleiby

Re-initializing CameraManager after Shutdown()

Post by aleiby »

I have a host application where I'd like to cleanly shutdown CameraManager when not in use, but be able to start it back up at a later point.

Calling WaitForInitialization() does not appear to do the trick, and AreCamerasInitialized() returns true, but GetCamera() returns NULL.

Is there a proper procedure for doing this, or do I just need to avoid calling Shutdown() entirely?

Thanks!
hwang

Re: Re-initializing CameraManager after Shutdown()

Post by hwang »

I have a similar problem here:

After calling Shutdown(), call to WaitForInitialization() will cause a "Access Violation" error.
beckdo

Re: Re-initializing CameraManager after Shutdown()

Post by beckdo »

Currently, there is no way to shutdown the CameraLibrary completely mid-process and then reinitialize it. The intent of the shutdown() call is that it is called prior to the process termination as it ensures that the USB kernel driver is shutdown and all cameras are powered down.

Future versions of the Camera SDK will likely allow you to shut the Camera SDK down completely mid-process. We're working towards those improvements.

In the meantime, you can simply turn off the IR ring via SetIntensity(0), and call Stop() to reduce camera power usage.