Camera SDK 1.5 and S250e

Matthias

Camera SDK 1.5 and S250e

Post by Matthias »

Hi,

I ran into another issue with the Camera SDK 1.5 and the S250e camera. It is only recognized on first connect. After disconnecting and reconnecting it, the SDK will no longer recognize it. This problem does not occur with the V120:SLIM.

Here is some sample code:

Code: Select all

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
	char bu[128];
	CameraLibrary_EnableDevelopment();
	CameraManager::X().WaitForInitialization();
	CameraLibrary::CameraList* pList = new CameraLibrary::CameraList();

// test code for camera plugging in and out
	while( true )
	{
		CameraManager::X().ScanForCameras();
		CameraManager::X().GetCameraList( *pList );
		sprintf( bu, "%d\r\n", pList->Count()); 
		OutputDebugString( bu );
		Sleep(1000);
	}
}
This prints 1 when starting with the camera connected or connecting it after start for the first time. It prints 0 after disconnecting and reconnecting the camera and will never go back to 1.

This problem can also be reproduced using visualtest.exe which will not see the camera after a disconnect and reconnect.

Thanks for any help,
Matthias
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Camera SDK 1.5 and S250e

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hello,

Thank you for posting on the forums. I will have a developer comment on this question.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Hey Mattias,

Thanks for reporting this. I will follow-up after attempting to reproduce the issue.
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

Hey guys,
any progress on this issue?

Matthias
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Hey Matthias,

I did a quick test here when you initially reported this and it things worked properly here. I'm hoping to do some more testing & give you more information against the Camera SDK v1.6, which I should have access to within the next few days.

Sorry to keep you waiting on this,
D
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

Thanks for the update.

I've been playing with it some more as well and I've got the above test code working now, though a little inconsistent. Not sure why, VS2013 upgrade or change in NIC settings or something. However my actual application still has the problem consistently. I will keep experimenting as well...

Matthias
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

So it looks like it has something to do with the managed environment I am running in. I am trying to reproduce this in a stripped down project and send it to you for evaluation.
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Ok, thanks Matthias. I've just finished testing your code snippet here as well as my own tests to confirm that hot-plugging is working correctly. Let me know if you have more questions.
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

Thanks for testing this. What a bummer. I didn't see this reply earlier so I submitted the issue again yesterday. For some reason the forum does not send me notification emails.

Anyway, if you have any suggestions on how to debug the problem I am all ears. Is there a way to get some verbose debug output from the SDK? Would it be possible to get the source so I can step through and see what happens myself?

Thanks,
Matthias