I am using the Camera SDK (latest version at the time of writing) in combination with Qt (5.3). I got it to work, but I had to jump to some hoops that I would want more information about.
I have a rig with 6 V120:SLIM cameras, attached to standard USB hubs. These are the steps I do for initialisation:
- I register myself as listener
- I wait for initialisation
- I query the cameras using CameraLibrary::CameraList cameras;. No cameras are added (which they should according to the documentation and sample code). They are added though, when I do camMgr.GetCameraList(cameras);
- I create a sync module and add all cameras
- I start all cameras and set their video mode to precision
So I had to use a couple of workarounds to get the camera SDK to work, but it seems to work in the end:
- When I want a list of camera, I have to call camMgr.GetCameraList(cameras) otherwise the list isn't populated
- I use a time now (called every frame) to query for a new frame group (GetFrameGroup) and dump the frame if one is available (and release each frame and the frame group itself afterwards).
Does anyone have an idea why I am having these problems? Could it be due to the Qt runloop or something? Has anyone else successfully used the Camera SDK in Qt, without these workarounds?