Multiple V120 cameras

LamarLatrell

Multiple V120 cameras

Post by LamarLatrell »

Hello Dustin and Doug

It's clear to me that in using two V120's I could greatly increase the resolution and accuracy of motion data for certain parts of the face.

The simpleCameraTest example includes an Optitrack HubList list - is an Optitrack hub required or can I concurrently access individual V120's plugged into a standard powered USB hub?

... if so, in terms of the SDK is it as simple as GetCameraList(CameraList &List), GetCameraBySerial(int Serial) and/or otherwise?

Two cameras could also afford future projects where a parallax is required :geek:
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Multiple V120 cameras

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Lamar,

I apologize for the wait. Doug is currently out of office. He will let him know you are awaiting a response as soon as he is back.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Hey Lamar,

You can access the cameras via a standard powered USB hub just as you suspect. There is no additional code required.

However, the shutters of the cameras will not be synchronized in time unless you're using an OptiTrack OptiHub. The OptiHub synchronizes the cameras and ensures that all connected cameras are exposing camera frames at the same moment in time.

Thx,
Doug
LamarLatrell

Post by LamarLatrell »

Great,

Also, three reasons why having an inaccuracy of half a frame (forward or backward) won't affect results in my case:

~ Within the screen resolutions I'm working with and the subsets of that resolution, I don't expect markers to move far within the temporal periods the V120 affords.

~ The actuators that the capture data will inform have built in lag, damping and mass which effectively subsume the affects any offset would cause. (that's quite a big reason)

~ It's very likely for the current project the cameras will be looking at parts of the face that are independent of each other anyway. (which makes it a moot point)

Obviously, it's good to know though - thanks for the feedback

:mrgreen: