Camera SDK Calibration

mateorico

Camera SDK Calibration

Post by mateorico »

Hello

I´m new in the MoCap, i have two Optihub 2 and 6 Flex 3. I want to know if is necesary make a calibration with the SDK like Motive.

Thanks.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Camera SDK Calibration

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello mateorico,

Welcome to motion capture. I find it to be very fun and interesting :-)

From your question, I am not really sure if you are using Motive or if you are trying to utilize an SDK.

It is necessary to calibrate your cameras in order to reconstruct 3D tracking data.
If you are using Motive, this is very easy since all of the necessary tools are provided for you.
If you are using the Camera SDK, you will only have access to 2D information from each camera, and would need to determine a calibration algorithm of your own.

I hope this helps with your question. If I did not provide the information you were hoping for, please feel free to provide some additional information about what you are trying to achieve. And please feel free to open a Support ticket with us with any additional questions.
help.naturalpoint.com

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Customer Support Engineer
mateorico

Re: Camera SDK Calibration

Post by mateorico »

Hello Steven

I'm using the Camera SDK. ¿Where can i found the 2D information from Flex 3 camera? and ¿Are calibration algorithms available or should programming them? Because i have seen the examples from Camera SDK and this algorithms are not available.

Thanks so much.

Has been very useful your information. :D