optitrack sdk and quest 3d

zzzamarron

optitrack sdk and quest 3d

Post by zzzamarron »

i am trying to develop a channel with old optitrack sdk, and till now i can open and start the camera, and get frames via callbacks , but when i ask for the values of that channel, the values from x, y, z .... are display in a value channel but are not stable, i explain, instead of given update values of the vector , the values are displayed in a countdown or cuontup manner, and i have to swift the clip several times to get new ones and not always. I know this is an unusual topic, but if any helps it would be apreciated.
Birch

Re: optitrack sdk and quest 3d

Post by Birch »

We encourage you to migrate to the new Camera SDK and see if the issue still persists once you've switched over.
zzzamarron

Post by zzzamarron »

Hi, i have move to the new Camera sdk, but quest 3d channel pops a error message when trying to call the
CameraManager::X().WaitForInitialization();
or CameraManager::X().AreCamerasInitialized();
I dont know what is is problem, but it is out of my developemet capabilities.
If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
zzzamarron

Post by zzzamarron »

Unhandled exception at 0x7772278e in Quest3D.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

This is the message after debugging seems that hast to be with quets 3d api and singleton optitrack ?????
Birch

Post by Birch »

Hello, it sounds like there may be a compatibility issue with Quest3D. We would recommend checking with their technical support to see if they know of any ways around the conflict you described.

Please keep in mind that extensive support for the Camera SDK and the previous OptiTrack SDK is only available for customers with OptiTrack hardware. If you are using an OptiTrack camera please contact support@naturalpoint.com with the serial number.
leith

Post by leith »

call me crazy... but isn't location 00000000 null? In which case, its likely you are passing a null pointer into quest and its trying to dereference it anyway?
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Good point Brad =)
zzzamarron

Post by zzzamarron »

That is right Brad, but following the instructions of the Doc provided by the camera sdk , i wait for camera to be initialized using CameraManager::X().WaitForInitizlization(), links of the proyect and references are ok but it seems that quest 3d breaks at the debbuger attached (visual studio) the null pointer when runs this function.
I dont know if i just can call this function without any further initialization, considering that a channel in quest 3d is a dll.
I have already developed a quest 3d channel for old optitrack sdk and i published at the open board forum at Quest3d , but with a random working, so i have abandom this proyect.

In other thought i hope that soon we can have access to a Unity plugin for new camera sdk because i think this could be an easy way for developing trackir games in powerfull 3d engines.
zzzamarron

Post by zzzamarron »

I have post the old optitrack sdk proyect:
http://code.google.com/p/optitrackquest3d
leith

Post by leith »

Just so happens I have my mocap system working with unity3d right now. On the mac no less :) I'm streaming 2d data from the pc to the mac. So the cameras are not on the mac. But well, you get the idea.

Anyhow, its completely possible. Does work.