New SDK coordinate Transformation

avelazquez

New SDK coordinate Transformation

Post by avelazquez »

Is there a transform method in the new SDK. How do I perform coordinate transformation in this new SDK, the way it was done in the old SDK?

Thanks!
beckdo

Re: New SDK coordinate Transformation

Post by beckdo »

What transformations are you referring to?
avelazquez

Post by avelazquez »

This is information from the SDK Version 1.1.037 documentation:

If transformations are applied, the dot positions will change slightly. Transformed coordinates are relative to the device center. Transformations include camera orientation and mirroring the X and Y axis. Transformations can be performed by calling the Transform method of the INPObject interface.

Thanks!
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

The transform options are a component of the old OptiTrack COM SDK and are not present in the new Camera SDK.

The Camera SDK outputs true centroid information as processed from the incoming frame data, no transformations are applied or needed.

The only transformation I could see users needing of the 2D data is applying or removing the lens distortion. This can be done via the helper functions:

Core::Distort2DPoint
Core::Predistort2DPoint
ITGuy327

Post by ITGuy327 »

I just started to use the SDK but building the vectortracking sample I receive the following message.

1>c:\program files (x86)\optitrack\camera sdk\samples\vectortracking\main.cpp(163): error C2039: 'Predistort2DPoint' : is not a member of 'Core'
1>c:\program files (x86)\optitrack\camera sdk\samples\vectortracking\main.cpp(163): error C3861: 'Predistort2DPoint': identifier not found

Any help would be appreciated. SDK Version is OptiTrack_Camera_SDK_1.1.3_Final
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Yes this slipped into the release unfortunately. Simply rename 'Predistort2DPoint' to 'Undistort2DPoint'.