TrackIR in Python

StreetRat

Re: TrackIR in Python

Post by StreetRat »

As far as the TrackClip, the plastics a little broke, but otherwise it works well in all other games, (Arma II, Take on Helicopters, etc) so i dont think theres anything wrong with it as such. I know these use the official TrackIR sdk and not the OptiTrack sdk, so that might have something to do with it.

Problem is im not sure what geometry im using.
Im using whatever is supplied in the OptiTrack sdk. I havent coded any of the vector calculations myself, im using whatever is available in the camera library dll. Its possible im using the wrong functions or settings.

Edit:

Just ran some tests with the vector clip and track clip and got some weird results

Code: Select all

VectorClip:
        Yaw,   Pitch,  Roll   
Yaw =   +-150, +-20,   +-20
Pitch = +-5,   +-50,   +-5
Roll =  +-20,  +-20,   +-150

TrackClip: 
        Yaw,   Pitch,  Roll
Yaw =   +-30,  +-20,   +-50
Pitch = +-5,   +60 -20,+-5
Roll =  +-10,  +-10,   +-150

Using the vector clip everything looks as it should, looking left and right, yaw moves the most, looking up and down, pitch moves the most, rolling your head, roll moves the most.

Using the track clip, when looking left and right the roll value was moving alot more than the yaw, looking up and down was ok, the difference was probably due to how i was holding the track clip, roll seemed to be ok.

So im not sure whats going on with that since im using the same function
vecprocessor->GetOrientation(yaw,pitch,roll);
for getting the values on both and the only change is changing
VectorClip to TrackClipPro on
vectorProcessorSettings.Arrangement

Im not sure if theres a correct way to hold the track clip but it seems to work well in all my other trackir enabled games
pazuzu

Post by pazuzu »

I'm having exactly the same problem (posted about it here - http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post51053). The clip pro is perfectly fine (and works perfectly fine with TrackIr) - it's just that it behaves just like the passive track clip (that's why we get all these weird results) even when setting the Arrangement to ProClip - you can just run the sample in the sample set with the clip pro and see it.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hey guys, I will do some research on this. I should get back to you shortly.
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav