Identifying cut-off frames

pauln

Identifying cut-off frames

Post by pauln »

I am using the Optitrack SDK with a TrackIR 5. At times the frames I am getting back appear to be cut-off or incomplete. From what I have read, this is a bandwidth issue because of the TrackIR 5's being USB 1.1.

Is there a way to identify when the camera is being overloaded and the frames are getting cutoff? I have tried Frame::IsInvalid, Frame::IsEmpty, but these don't correlate to these cut-off frames.

Any ideas?
Birch

Re: Identifying cut-off frames

Post by Birch »

Its likely that cutouts in a frame of processed video from a TrackIR will not get tagged as invalid or corrupted by the Camera Library SDK.

The data is being dropped in the camera by the front end processing when it detects insufficient throughput is available for transmitting. When then congestion clears up then transmitting will resume again (sometimes later in the frame). There is a buffering mechanism to mitigate this to some extent, however TrackIR devices are designed for a specific purpose which does not include transmitting highly complex processed video scenes.

For working with more complex scenes and higher data rates we recommend using cameras from our OptiTrack product line which have been specially designed for that purpose.

http://www.optitrack.com