How to advance timeline by two frames?

mocapant

How to advance timeline by two frames?

Post by mocapant »

We recorded a take in 240Hz mode. To fix problems (undefined/swapped markers, gaps) I carefully inspect the take by holding left/right keyboard buttons. When takes were recorded in 120Hz mode animation advanced with acceptable speed but in 240Hz it's too slow to watch and analyze. It would be very helpful if there was settings to advance timeline by 2/3/4/5 frames.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: How to advance timeline by two frames?

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi mocapant,

Thanks for the feedback. Left and Right are limited to advancing a single frame, but Up and Down will page by 10 frames.

Another useful interaction is Alt-Left Click to drag the timeline. I use this most of all.

I will share your suggestion with our development team. Thanks, again, for sharing.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
wiki.optitrack.com
support@optitrack.com
mocapant

Re: How to advance timeline by two frames?

Post by mocapant »

After thinking more about this new feature I think that advancing timeline by 2/3/4/5 frames at once when holding Left/Right keyboard buttons may be a bad idea. Let's take "5 frames" setting as an example. What if a problem with markers occured in frame #3 in those 5 frames? I would simply miss it. That is why I think it's better to advance 1 frame at a time but with an increased speed instead. I imagine there will be a slider or dropdown list "Scrubbing speed" with options: 100%, 200%, 300%, 400%, 500% and an option to enter my own numeric value.