TT_CmeraFrameBuffer

BroncoBilli

TT_CmeraFrameBuffer

Post by BroncoBilli »

I'm calling TT_UpdateSingleFrame() and getting the bytes out of our prime 41 (?) with TT_CameraFrameBuffer( 0, 2048, 2048, 0, 8, pLumaBuffer ).

it's returning false. pLumaBuffer is full of 0's. It's not clear how this method is supposed to be called. I'm going off MotiveApi.h.

1. What is ByteSpan, the 4th arg to CameraFrameBuffer? What should it be?
2. What if the passed in width/height aren't the same as the camera's native resolution? will the method fail?
3. i'm assuming since the camera is set to kVideoType_Grayscle, the bit depth is 8? The camera is a Prime x41?
4. are there restrictions on when I can call TT_CameraFrameBuffer()? Do I have to call UpdateSingleFrame first?
5. is there sample code I'm not seeing for this?

thanks
BroncoBilli

Re: TT_CmeraFrameBuffer

Post by BroncoBilli »

i modified the MotiveAPI sample "markers" to set camera 0 to "luma" mode, right after the call to TT_FlushCameraQueues(). I would have thought this would set the camera into luma mode, and it does say the call worked.

But then, a subsequent call to TT_CameraFrameBuffer() returns false. I've no idea why. Do I have to do something like enable the camera first (I'd think it was automatically enabled anyhow?) Is there a motive log file being saved somewhere to tell me more info about what went wrong?
]