Markers accidentally being deleted

pkells

Markers accidentally being deleted

Post by pkells »

Hello,

I just want to thank you for the new software, I feel it is a huge step above Tracking Tools. I am using Motive to track the motion of point objects for my research, which means I can't utilize the rigid body function. I am using the editing portion of the software to make a marker set and add it to the trajectorized data, then start adding the unidentified markers to the marker set. The problem I am encountering is sometimes there will be a dot that I do not wish to track so I remove it completely, if by chance I have one of the identified markers highlighted as well it will completely delete the marker but still leave all the data in the timeline where it was (and it's still marked on the sidebar) I am just unable to add anything else to that identified marker. If I try to undo the marker deletion, it will replace the unidentified markers that were deleted but not the identified.

Sometimes if it is the last marker in the set I can go back in and add another marker to the set and the new marker will fill in the place of the accidentally removed marker, which lets me continue to add unidentified markers to that identified marker.

I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense but it's the best explanation I think I can give.

I guess the question I'm trying to ask is: Is there any way to set up the software such that I cannot delete markers in a set? Or is there any way to restore a marker that has been (accidentally) removed from a set.

Thank you for your time!

-Patrick
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Markers accidentally being deleted

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Patrick,

I will look do some research on this and have an answer for you shortly.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav