Motive runs slow

whynotzoidberg

Motive runs slow

Post by whynotzoidberg »

Hi there,

We have a small setup of 6 cameras and 2 hubs (3 cameras on each hub) running with a Tracking Tools license.

A few days ago we installed the 64-bit version of Motive on the same computer. Compared to Tracking Tools, Motive runs really slow. When looking at the live view of the cameras it takes seconds until you can see any movement.

Our computer has the following specs:
- 3GB RAM
- Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz
- Windows 7 64-bit

Any idea what the cause may be? Would it be recommended to install the 32 bit version?

All the best,

Martin
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Motive runs slow

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Martin,

I am sorry Motive is running slow on your computer. Were you able to run the 32 bit version and test this out? If so, did it make a difference? What are the 6 cameras being used? Could I have you create a dxdiag report and submit it to us at help.naturalpoint.com?
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
DonBurroni

Post by DonBurroni »

Same issue here, captures ok, but the display is about 5fps - we are using an 8 core xeon box!
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Hi DonBurroni,

I believe you submitted a ticket through help.naturalpoint.com

We have resolved most of your issues this morning, I will continue to support you through the DeskPro ticket.

Best Regards,
Dustin
circassia

Post by circassia »

Hi @ all,

when you did the wanding, a huge point-cloud will appear, atm this point-cloud cannot be "hidden" (couldn't find anything) but what you can do is, just open the project again and the poin-cloud is gone and the performance is much better!
whynotzoidberg

Post by whynotzoidberg »

Hi Dustin,

sorry for the late reply. I installed Motive 1.0.0 32-bit to no avail. Right now I have another computer running XP which works fine with Motive.

If I have time I will connect the Win7 computer again and try to run the new Motive 1.0.1 Version...

We have 6 V100:R2 cameras.

All the best,

Martin
whynotzoidberg

Post by whynotzoidberg »

Just to give an update: It seems that the problem is the insufficient graphics card we have in this computer. We use the onboard graphics chip which is not "modern" enough for Motive.
Next step is to aquire and test the system with a "modern, discreet graphics card" as is stated in the requirements for Motive.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Thanks for the status update Martin. I look forward to your test results. Please keep us posted!
Dustin