TT_Shutdown of Motive API does not like Labview

whynotzoidberg

TT_Shutdown of Motive API does not like Labview

Post by whynotzoidberg »

Hi there,

I am using Labview to access the API coming with Motive 1.0.1.
Wehave a small setup with 6 cameras and two hubs connected to a Windows XP computer.
Basically I initialize the OptiTrack system, load a project, read out X, Y and Z marker data and then close the system with TT_Shutdown when closing the program.

My problem is the following. When I open my Labview code and execute the program everything works fine. After execution Labview goes back to the edit mode. When executing the program again, the cameras are initialized, but the data coming from the API are erroneous. The program runs fine after either aborting the Labview program before invoking TT_Shutdown or after restarting Labview.

My suspicion is that TT_Shutdown does not turn off the cameras correctly, because Labview keeps the dll in memory. (But maybe I am totally wrong).

The same program worked fine with the API we had installed with TrackingTools.

Any suggestions?

All the best,

Martin
whynotzoidberg

Re: TT_Shutdown of Motive API does not like Labview

Post by whynotzoidberg »

Update: I solved my problem by initializing the cameras 3 times every time I open my Labview subvi. Somehow that works...

Even though I think my problem is solved, maybe this is an interesting case for the API developer at naturalpoint.