Batch Exporting

circassia

Batch Exporting

Post by circassia »

Hi,

is there a possibility, to do a "batch export"? Instead of doing the exporting hand by hand?

Thanks!

Circassia
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Batch Exporting

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hello Circassia,

We currently do not have a batch export feature. I will submit this as a feature request.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
Claudio Alvaro

Post by Claudio Alvaro »

Has there been any traction on this front?

We're on 1.9.0 and when exporting multiple takes, the export options window appears for each take which can be time consuming, especially when all I want to do is export all selected takes in the same format. Is it possible to do this with the batch processor tool?
Shagan.Overman

Post by Shagan.Overman »

Hi Claudio,

We have been making progress on this front. Motive batch processor is available for you to try in 1.9. It's kind of tucked away currently until we make additional progress on it in the future. Image for where to find it and the directory listed below.
C:\Program Files\OptiTrack\Motive\MotiveBatchProcessor

Sample scripts are available for you in the directory listed below. Yes, multiple takes can be output all at once in the same format.
C:\Program Files\OptiTrack\Motive\MotiveBatchProcessor\ExampleScripts

Documentation for you to write your own scripts can be found in the directory listed below.
Scripts can be written using C sharp or IronPython. Whichever your most comfortable with.
C:\Program Files\OptiTrack\Motive\Help

We will be expanding on the functionality of this tool in the future. Your feedback would be very welcome!
Attachments
MBP.jpg
MBP.jpg (88.58 KiB) Viewed 6631 times
-------
James Shagan Overman
Customer Experience Manager
shagan.overman@optitrack.com
Claudio Alvaro

Post by Claudio Alvaro »

Thanks James. I'll give it a try.
Claudio Alvaro

Post by Claudio Alvaro »

Just a quick follow up to mention that I got this to work. NMotive is well documented and fulfils our current needs.

One question I had was whether it would be possible to have the batch processor run from the command line? There was nothing in the documentation, so I suspect this is a change we would have to make and rebuild... is this correct?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi Claudio,

If you use one of the IronPython examples as your starting point, I know that you can call IronPython via command line. You would simply provide a path to the Iron Python exe, followed by the path to your script and then any additional inputs your script requires.

eg:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\ipy64.exe" "C:\MyScript.py"
or
"C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\ipy64.exe" "C:\MyScript.py" "Input 1"

This should be pretty straight forward, but if you require any assistance with this, just let us know or reach out to us at help.naturalpoint.com

Cheers!
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer