TrackingTools and Motive inconsistent axes for rigid body

Cameron

TrackingTools and Motive inconsistent axes for rigid body

Post by Cameron »

Hi,

I have been using the TrackingTools SDK for many years and have been using it to access trackable (rigid body) data using TT_TrackableLocation. I have recently tried installing the latest Motive and setup my calibration and ground plane the same way. I noticed, however, that the axes in Motive are different than what I see in TrackingTools. In particular, if I place my trackable in the same spot I see the X and Z axis info under Real-Time Info are both opposite in sign in Motive compared to Tracking Tools (note: the ground plane was in roughly the same position so ignore the shift in X,Y,Z values, rather look at the sign of these values). The image of the Z and X axes projected in the perspective view also look opposite between the 2 software programs:
trackingtools_coordinates.png
trackingtools_coordinates.png (146.03 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
motive_coordinates.png
motive_coordinates.png (253.72 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
It's as if the X and Z axes have had their signs switched. This is kind of a pain for compatibility if some users have different coordinate frame than others. Is this expected?

Bonus question: I am ultimately more concerned with how the XYZ position values are reported through the SDK. Under both TT and Motive, I saw that the values of the XYZ positions match the values shown in their respective software except for the Z axis, which is opposite in sign:
tt_quarc_coordinates.png
tt_quarc_coordinates.png (23.73 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
This is somewhat strange, but as long as it is consistent I can consistently remap the axes how I want for my application. I just thought I would ask since it is sortof relevant.

Thanks,

Cameron