3D reconstruction without markers' labelling

Armel

3D reconstruction without markers' labelling

Post by Armel »

Hi.

We use Optitrack with skeletons that are very different from the ones in Arena. Therefore, to achieve the markers' labelling we use our own home-made tools. The ideal 3D data output would thus be to have only unlabelled markers.
But, as trajectorization always tries to label markers at the same time it makes the 3D reconstruction, data are quite difficult to process. There are some confusions between labelled and unlabelled markers.

Is it possible in Motive to separate 3D reconstruction (triangulation from 2D data) and markers' labelling (recongnition of a given feature e.g. a rigid body)?

Thanks for any help.

Armel.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: 3D reconstruction without markers' labelling

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Armel,

If you are using your own marker set and doing your own labeling then there should not be any skeletons present when you trajectorize. If skeletons are not present, or are not active, the system will not attempt to label them, which would leave markers as unlabeled trajectory fragments that you can then collect or label.

The same is true for rigid bodies.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
Armel

Post by Armel »

Hi Dustin.

Thanks for your answer.

Just to be sure that I understood well.
In Arena, it was not possible to trajectorize without having at least one skeleton or one rigid body present in the project (I am using 1.7.2 version). Can you confirm that it is now possible in Motive?

Regards.

Armel.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Armel,

I think you would be very pleased if you made the switch to Motive. It is possible to trajectorize without having one skeleton or one rigid body present in the project.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav