Live Angles via NatNet

Sestes

Live Angles via NatNet

Post by Sestes »

Hi,

I have been working on trying to adjust netnat sample codes to show live angles from the x,y,z coordinates provided. Has anyone attempted to accomplish a similar task? If so, do you have any recommendations on how to go about accomplishing this? I am in there very beginning stages and don't have any specific issues to present yet, I am just looking to see if any preliminary guidance may be provided. Thanks for any help you can give!

Stephen
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Live Angles via NatNet

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Sestes,

Thank you for posting. I will research this and have someone reply as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Hi Sestes,

The samples that ship with the NatNet SDK should illustrate this. I have provided a link to our NatNet SDK User's Guide.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/s ... 0Guide.pdf

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Dustin
Sestes

Post by Sestes »

Hey Dustin,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am trying to work with the WinFormsSample right now, hoping that just editing this sample may be the best option for me. I am running Visual Studio 2013 and am having issues even running this sample. Whenever I try to view the form, I have errors saying that several of the variables (legend1, series1, and title1) are undeclared. I am also not finding any of the types of 'System.windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.xxx'. Am I missing some reference or something along those lines? Thanks
Sestes

Post by Sestes »

I have the sample code running now and have been able to put in all the math I would want to do with the streaming x,y,z coordinates. The last step I have is copying the streaming data to text boxes in the sample Winform sample. I would like to be able to click on the marker id and then have the x coordinate go to a text box, the y coordinate go to its own text box, and then the z coordinate also go to its own text box. I would do this with three markers so I can get enough markers to create an angle. Does anyone have any sample codes that could help with copying that streaming data from the datagrid to a text box?

Thanks,

Stephen
Sestes

Post by Sestes »

I have since figured out how to get the sample to run. I am now at a point where I can click on a cell and start streaming the live data points to a text box. However, once I click on the next cell, the streaming to the first text box stops. Any tips on how to keep the data from each cell streaming to its text box as I click on the next cell?
I am hoping to get to the point where I can click on the row header and extract the x,y,z coordinates to their own text boxes. But, if clicking on all 9 cells to get the 3 data point coordinates is the best or most efficient coding mechanism, that's great too.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Hi Sestes,

I am still researching this for you. Thank you for submitting the ticket as well. I hope to have a reply for you shortly.

Regards,
Dustin