Extract camera parameters from recording

JeDi

Extract camera parameters from recording

Post by JeDi »

Hi,

we are doing research on calibration and triangulation algorithms, and I would like to extract at least the camera parameters from a recording I did in Motive:Tracker.

I am able to extract the information when the actual cameras are connected, but I am away from the labo for a week, and I don't seem to be able to play the recored take using the TT_* API. Is there a way to extract at least the extrinsic and intrinsic camera parameters from the recorded data, so without the actual cameras attached?

Although less urgent, I am also looking to extract the 2D (for each camera) and 3D information of the wanding timeline data used for calibration, so anyone with pointers: thanks a lot!

Greetings,
JeDi
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Extract camera parameters from recording

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Jedi,

Thank you for posting. I will have someone reply to you shortly.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Unfortunately the TT/Motive API is real-time only so you're not going to be able to load recorded timelines and play them back via the API. You can however load a calibration and fetch the camera positions and orientations via the TT_Camera...() methods.
JeDi

Post by JeDi »

That is exactly what I tried, and

Code: Select all

TT_CameraCount()
returns 0. Loading of the calibration file succeeded though.
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Unfortunately you need to have the camera's physically attached in order to perform this operation. Since TT/Motive API is real-time only, all of it's methods have the expectation that the cameras are connected.
JeDi

Post by JeDi »

I understand. I sucessfully used the code today in the lab with the cameras attached and it works. Good to know I can just open the .cal file without having to open a project file first.

Thanks!