Data capture using Motive SDK

JeDi

Data capture using Motive SDK

Post by JeDi »

Hi,

I am trying to use the Motive SDK (1.6 beta2) in combination with Qt (5.3) to capture data. I first did a calibration in the Motive:Tracker application, then closed it. Then I use the Motive SDK:
  • TT_Initialize();
  • TT_LoadCalibration(); with the saved calibration file from Motive:Tracker
Then, for dumping, I create an instance of our dumping class (derived from cTTAPIListener and use TT_AttachListener to attach it to the Motive system.

In the TTAPIFrameAvailable method, I iterate over all markers (TT_FrameMarkerCount) and write the 3D position and then for each camera (TT_FrameMarkerCount) the 2D centroid for that camera.

There are a couple of strange things that I would want an explanation for:
  • I have to use a timer and call TT_Update each frame, otherwise the listener is not called.
  • Looking at the frame data, I have a lot of frames with 0 cameras. Dropped frames so it seems.
Are the two problems related? Shouldn't the listener be called automatically, without me having to call TT_Update in a timer?

I'm also having trouble using the Camera SDK in combination with Qt (https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtop ... 66&t=12802), but I have no dropped frames there so the camera connections are OK. I can also capture data using the Motive:Tracker application without problems.

Greetings,
JeDi
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Data capture using Motive SDK

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Thank you for submitting a post on the forums. I will ask a developer to submit a response.
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav