How do I save a custom layout?

dabhome

How do I save a custom layout?

Post by dabhome »

I use Motive for live tracking of objects. This requires the streaming pane and synchronization pane to be displayed. I can create the layout, but it does not come up when I load the Project or when I start Motive with the Project.

How do I save a custom layout and get it to be displayed?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: How do I save a custom layout?

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello dabhome,

The current version of Motive 1.7.2 does not support the saving of Layouts. When you relaunch Motive, the layout will be reset to a default.

The ability to save and reload layouts will be coming soon.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Customer Support Engineer
Avielb

Post by Avielb »

Hi,

Is this feature available already?

Is there a way to use command line arguments for loading a specific layout?

In addition, is there a way to make Motive run in the background or as a service only?

Thanks,
Aviel
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello Avielb,

Motive 1.8 and above support the creation of custom layouts. This can be done in the Layout menu at the top of Motive.
There is no command line access to the layouts, but it is possible to set one of your custom layouts as the default using the Layout menu as well.

Motive cannot be made to run in the background as a service. If you need access to some of the core tracking without the interface, you may want to look into the Motive API that installs in the Motive folder. Here, you will find a "Markers" example to show some of the basic functionality that can be accessed with the API. This would require further development on your part, but you can use the API to perform some basic functionality such as launching Motive and loading a project without the use of the Motive UI.

I hope this information is useful to you. If you require any further assistance, please feel free to open a support ticket with us at help.naturalpoint.com

Best regards,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Customer Support Engineer