Motive to LabVIEW Data Streaming

saverill24

Motive to LabVIEW Data Streaming

Post by saverill24 »

I have the NatNet SDK and the set of LabVIEW files meant to pull in the data. I have gotten the files to identify and pull from the (.dll) and recognize the constructors, however no data is showing up. I also got Motive to successfully stream data to the samples in Samples/bin directory in the SDK. More specifically the SimpleClient3D and the WinFormTestApp, so I know the data is streaming out of Motive properly as well. Am I missing a step? Why is the data not coming through the (.dll) file and into LabVIEW if it can run into those other programs? I am fairly new at all this so it is very possible I am just missing some steps, or maybe there is a real error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Motive to LabVIEW Data Streaming

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Would it be possible for you to post your code?

Here is the NatNet User guide, this might help you get things going.

http://www.optitrack.com/static/documen ... 0Guide.pdf

Have you compared what you wrote with the sample app? We have detailed remarks within the sample app. I recommend reading through a few of the samples.
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
saverill24

Re: Motive to LabVIEW Data Streaming

Post by saverill24 »

I cannot post my code and I have read the guide but I am still stuck. Let me add some more detail:

I am jumping into this project after the last employee left. There is no documentation as to where exactly he left off so I am attempting to almost start from scratch. I only have his LabVIEW files with the sample code. The only software I have is LabVIEW and Motive. Is there any other software I need? I know there are MATLAB examples but I currently do not have MATLAB.