start streaming on startup

fgraffagnino

start streaming on startup

Post by fgraffagnino »

Hello. I need to make a tracking camera installation where, on startup, everything is ready to go and streaming tracking data to our application.

I believe I'm using the 1.8.0 beta 1 of Motive.

When I start up Motive, is there a way to have my streaming settings saved and have it automatically start streaming the data for my saved set of rigid bodies? How do I configure this?

Also, I've noticed I have to click "2D" on the set before any of the rigid body position and orientations get streamed. In "3D" the marker positions are streamed, but not the data for the rigid bodies. Not sure if this is expected or not, but in any case, presumably I would need that set as well on startup.

Thanks for the help!

FG
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: start streaming on startup

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello fgraffagnino,

If you save a Project with all of your settings, you can then launch Motive with that Project active. This should allow you to retain all of your stream and record settings.

To launch Motive with the Project, you can use command prompt passing the full path to the Motive.exe followed by the full path to the Project file.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Customer Support Engineer
fgraffagnino

Re: start streaming on startup

Post by fgraffagnino »

ok thanks. i'm working with recorded data right now that comes with my trial license of Motive, so hopefully when I get my hardware in it will start live tracking and streaming with my saved project.

Thanks!