Tracking Data export: timeline fault and unusable datas

barneygumble

Tracking Data export: timeline fault and unusable datas

Post by barneygumble »

Dear all,

I experienced strong problem using Motive 1.9.0 with manualy tracked markers. I observe symptomatic behavior during the capture and problems when exporting the datas.
You will find an exemple of my datas here: https://bfs.u-bordeaux.fr/telecharge.ph ... roblem.zip

In the folder, there is 3 capture (T11, T41 & T42) with the mother projects, and the exported .c3d and .csv.
Firstly, the capture is controlled by an external sync linked to an Optihub (first generation), configured with "sync IN" and "High Gated". When Motive wait for a recording pulse, it start correctly and stop correctly at the end of the pulse. More than one pulse start several records, which succeed each others in the same takes. This is, I think, the expected behaviour. My first concern is that when we get out of the recording status, create an empty take and start a new record, the recording time does not start from 0, but from the previous ending time (of the previous takes!).
When we edit the datas (T41 or T42 for instance), the timeline does not start from zero (t0=5s for T41, and more than one minute for T42). This problem seems have major repercussion on the exported datas, since the timeline is not correctly exported with missing samples (in T41, the first datas from the c3d or csv correspond to t=5s in Motive). Worst, no data can be extracted from T42, the exported file is empty (zeros).
A last problem (linked too?), in T11, the datas are exported at 120Hz despite a recording configuration (and specified FPS at export) of 100Hz (with V100R2...). The real time of the T11 record is 30s for instance.

Thanks for your help
Etienne
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Tracking Data export: timeline fault and unusable datas

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello barneygumble,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this behavior. It is hard to say if you are experiencing the odd timelines in your takes because of the workflow or some other issue. We will be testing this to see if we can replicate the issue.

Could you please give a step-by-step description of how you are triggering and recording your takes?
Are you arming/disarming Motive between the triggers that are being sent?

If you are able to communicate with us on help.naturalpoint.com, this may be easier to troubleshoot where we can communicate for directly with each other.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Customer Support Engineer
RDuarte

Post by RDuarte »

Dear all,

I'm working with Etienne when we experienced this problem.

And as he explained the captures is controlled by an external sync linked to an Optihub (first generation), configured with "sync IN" and "High Gated".

So the step-by-step procedure to record is basically this:
1- I configure the Opthub (in order to record synchronously the motive equipment with the electromyography equipment).

2-Since they are configured I start the capture with both.

Hope this can help in order to find a solution to the problem.

Best regards,
Ricardo Duarte
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello Ricardo,

We have tested the following workflows.

WORKFLOW 1
1. Set custom sync, SYNC IN, high gated. This will record frames as long as the signal coming into the hub is left on high.
2. Hit Record in Motive. This only arms Motive.
3. Send the high signal to initial the recording of frames.
4. Stop the high signal.
5. Stop the recording in Motive

The result here shows that each take starts at frame 0 and time 0.

WORKFLOW 2
1. Set custom sync, SYNC IN, high gated. This will record frames as long as the signal coming into the hub is left on high.
2. Hit Record in Motive. This only arms Motive.
3. Send the high signal to initial the recording of frames.
4. Stop the high signal.
5. Repeat steps 3 - 4, a number of times.
6. Stop the recording in Motive.

The result here shows only one take will be recorded, as it should. Within that take, there will be gaps in the time and the data. This is correct behavior, and you should follow the first workflow above. While Motive is armed their should only be one, continues, pulse that is high. After the pulse, Motive must be disarmed/stopped.

This is expected behavior for this device. It is necessary to manually stop the recording when using high gated and using an OptiHub. We've added support for our eSync devices, where the recording will automatically stop in Motive if a recording bit is sensed. OptiHubs cannot do this.

I hope this information helps with your work. Please open a support ticket with us at help.naturalpoint.com if you need any more help with this.

Best,
Steven