Questions on labelling for (single) markers

Mallow

Questions on labelling for (single) markers

Post by Mallow »

Hi everybody,

I am currently working on an application where I would like to track single markers, label them and stream them, everything live. I am using Motive 1.9.0 and I am streaming the data from there to Unity using NatNet 2.9.0.

According to NatNet data types, there are 3 kinds of markers : markers belonging to a MarkerSet (a rigid body or a skeleton), and thus labelled, labelled markers, which are not associated to a MarkerSet, and unlabelled markers or other markers, which are not associated to a rigid body or a skeleton.

Since MarkerSet markers are labelled, how are those different from the labelled markers ? From what I have understood till now, labelled markers would come from manual labelling, which takes place after having recorded a take and while post-processing it. Am I understanding this well ?
If not, would that mean that there is another way to label markers ? Would it be a way to label them without needing to record a take ? (I am currently labelling my single markers once the data has been streamed, because it does not seem possible to me to do it in Motive from what I have read on the wiki).

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Mallow.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Questions on labelling for (single) markers

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello Mallow,

Thank you for reaching out to the community regarding your questions.

You are correct that there is no way to label single markers in realtime. It will be necessary to manually label the markers in recorded data, as it seems you may be already doing.

Regarding the different markers in the stream, there are essentially two types of labeled markers. The MarkerSet markers must be the Model markers, such as skeleton markers or rigid body markers. These markers are affected by the skeleton or rigid body solve.
The LabeledMarkers should be the raw marker data, unaffected by the skeleton or rigid body solve, but still identified by the model.

I hope this explanation is clear. If you have any other questions about this, please feel free to reach out to us at help.naturalpoint.com

Best regards,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer