Pattern Fill Issue (1.10.1)

bob.piscopo

Pattern Fill Issue (1.10.1)

Post by bob.piscopo »

Hey Guys,

In 1.9.0, I was able to Pattern Fill any selected range without any issues.

I recently updated to 1.10.1 and am finding that Pattern Fill will sometimes fail to fill gaps. It seems to fail most often when the Fill Target does not have data on both sides of the gap (ex: missing first 100 frames).

I'm wondering if this is a bug, or if the Pattern Fill feature has changed and it's my own user error? Any direction you can provide would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Bob
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Pattern Fill Issue (1.10.1)

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello bob.piscopo,

Thanks for reaching out to the community regarding your questions.

Motive 1.10.1 should be able to fill gaps over a selected range, even if the range ends before the gapped marker reappears. I tested this in Motive 1.10.1, and everything seems to be working consistently, as long as the gap size is within the Max Gap setting.

There is a current limitation in which Motive is unable to fill a gap if the keys are missing at the very start or end of the take. We are aware of this issue, and as far as we know this has been the case for all previous versions of Motive.
We will be looking into this limitation and hope to have this fixed in upcoming versions.

I hope this information helps. If you run into any other cases in which your gaps are not being filled consistently, please feel free to open a Support ticket with us at help.naturalpoint.com.

Best regards,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer