No "audio settings" in the toolbar, why ?

julien_lu

No "audio settings" in the toolbar, why ?

Post by julien_lu »

Hi,

I'm working on a research project about sensorimotor synchronization so audio capture and motion capture must be synchronized.
I see here http://wiki.optitrack.com/index.php?tit ... _in_Motive that I could record audio from a microphone so the signal could be synchronized. It seems pretty convenient but I don't see "audio settings" in the toolbar. I have vesion 1.7.2. Do I need a new version to use this tools ?

Thanks for the answer !
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: No "audio settings" in the toolbar, why ?

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello julien_lu,

Thanks for reaching out to the community regarding your question.

Audio recording was added sometime after Motive 1.7.2, so in order to use this feature you will need to update your license. We are currently on Motive 1.10.1, so it would be best for you to upgrade to this version in order to remain eligible for Support.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us at help.naturalpoint.com

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
julien_lu

Post by julien_lu »

Thanks for this quick answer !

I just need to purchase an update with one year of maintenance ? No need to buy a new licence ?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi julien_lu,

That is correct, for the most part. each update you purchase extends the expiration date of your license by one year. If your license is multiple years expired, you may need to purchase a couple of updates to become current. Unless it has been quite a while, it is usually cheaper to purchase the updates than it is to purchase a new license.

You can check the status of your license and the price to update if you visit our Support page and scroll down to the License Tool.
http://optitrack.com/support/#checkLicense

If you need any help looking up your current license information, feel free to reach out to us through
help.naturalpoint.com

Cheers!
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
julien_lu

Post by julien_lu »

Hi,

Is it possible to know what brings each update ? I need to know if I need one or more updates and what each updates brings because of the price. My laboratory is ready to pay for one update but not two so I have to know if the synchronization tool is in the next version.
Is there any compabilities issues when I update ?

Thanks for the answer
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi julien_lu,

You can run any version of Motive whose release date is before your license expiration date.
Each update you purchase will extend your license expiration date by one year.

In order to access the Audio settings, I believe you will need to update to Motive 1.8+
You can find these older versions, and their release dates, in the Previous Releases list in our Downloads.
http://optitrack.com/downloads/

I hope this helps. If you want to provide specific license information so we can look up your status, feel free to contact us directly at help.naturalpoint.com

Cheers,
Steven