Re-using Custom Skeleton

Ixam87

Re-using Custom Skeleton

Post by Ixam87 »

Hello,

We are doing a study involving 10+ subjects, and would like to use a custom marker set-up. The marker set is close enough to one of the standard sets that I can modify it to match each of our subjects. However, it would be more convenient if I could use our exported custom skeleton and attach it to each subject separately without modification.

Is it possible to attach an exported skeleton to a new subject? How can I port a custom skeleton between computers/projects?

Additionally, when I renamed the markers in my skeleton, it added 3 extra markers called ab_1, ab_2, and ab_3 even though I did not include them in my xml file. They do not correspond to any markers or segments in model. Is it possible to delete them if even they aren't labeled?

Thank you!
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Re-using Custom Skeleton

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello Ixam87,

Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to create and save custom marker/skeleton setups in Motive. The changes you are manually making to your skeleton will need to be done manually every time you wish to use that setup. We are moving toward the ability to create custom setups, however, and hope to provide this capability in the near future.

When you add markers to a skeleton, they are typically added with the default names you described (ab_1, ab_2, etc). In the XML, these default names can be changed so that updating your marker names applies the desired name.
I am not sure how you are going about renaming markers, so I may need some more information about your workflow in order to find the cause for those names appearing in your XML. Could you please open a Support ticket with us so we can investigate with you?
help.naturalpoint.com

Thanks,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
Ixam87

Post by Ixam87 »

I am having a lot of trouble labeling markers with a modified skeleton (I added markers to a pre-set skeleton). The auto-labeler swaps markers frequently, even during slow motions such as gait or step up. There are a few instances where markers are being swapped while the subject is standing still, and the swapping is strange, sometimes exchanging a pelvis marker with a shin marker.

Is there some setting that can improve my marker labeling? Does the auto-labeller have trouble when using custom marker sets?

Thanks.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi Ixam87,

Adding additional markers has the potential of throwing off tracking, especially if you have removed the default markers from the setup. If the defaults are still in place and you have not added a significant number of extras, tracking should not be greatly impacted.

We would be able to tell more if we could look at your data. Could you please open a ticket with us so we can troubleshoot with you properly? When opening the ticket, please provide a link to a recording (.tak), if possible, so we can review your data.

Feel free to contact us at help.naturalpoint.com

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer