Running the "markers" sample out of the box: dll error?

MrMallIronmaker

Running the "markers" sample out of the box: dll error?

Post by MrMallIronmaker »

I'm running the default sample project called "markers" and having some issues in running that a quick Google search doesn't fix. There's a similar problem described here https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtop ... 69&t=13435 that is close, but the suggested solution doesn't solve my problem.

I'm working on a shared computer, and I started by copying over the "markers" folder from the OptiTrack/Motive/Samples directory. I opened the project file, which started up Visual Studio 2015, and VS asked to convert the files. I agreed, and the process was short. I run the project [debug or release, it doesn't matter] and I get the error "The program '[17664] markers.exe' has exited with code -1072365566 (0xc0150002)." The error code is the same as DLL errors, so that's what I assume it's related to; however, both the 2010 and 2015 redistributable packages are up-to-date.

I assume the sample project would work out of the box, so I'm pretty sure there's something I'm doing wrong. I'd like to know what it is.
beckdo

Re: Running the "markers" sample out of the box: dll error?

Post by beckdo »

So, when you compile an application against our NPTrackingTools.LIB, you need to make sure to copy the NPTrackingTools.DLL to your applications working directory so when you run your application it can find the DLL. When you miss copying that to the correct place, you'll get a error message when you try to run your app saying it can't find NPTrackingTools.DLL.

Now, once you're past that, NPTrackingTools.DLL also is dependent on some additional DLLs which also need to be copied into the working directory. If you miss those, you will get the cryptic error message that you are reporting.

For 64-bit builds, you'll also need the libiomp5md.dll from the /Motive directory. For 32-bit builds, you'll need the unfortunately identically named libiomp5md.dll from the /Motive/lib32 directory.

With that additional dependency along-side the NPTrackingTools.dll it will resolve your problem.

Good Luck!