motive and Ros

zuozuo

motive and Ros

Post by zuozuo »

I have some question about motive connecting with Ros.I can only use the motive of version 1.8.0 to connect Ros(the software of motive and the Ros are installed in two different computers.),but now ,I want to use the new version 1.10.1.Can this new version link to Ros,and how can I do.If you know the steps,please tell me.Thank you!
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: motive and Ros

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello zuozuo,

Thank you for reaching out to the community regarding this question.

From what I recall regarding ROS, this requires you to stream realtime tracking data to a linux environment. Currently, the only way to do this is to directly depacket the NatNet data from Motive's stream. You can find information how to do this in our online documentation. Our current version of NatNet also includes a Python client that displays how to go about establishing a connection in the linux environment.
http://wiki.optitrack.com/index.php?tit ... ketization

When utilizing direct depacketization, a client application is susceptible to changes that might be made to the data stream between Motive versions. Because of this, we would certainly recommend you use Motive 1.10.2 with the current NatNet SDK, to be sure the versions match up.

I hope this information helps. If you require any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us directly at help.naturalpoint.com

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer