Template for facial data

abc

Template for facial data

Post by abc »

Hi,
I want to track the facial data of a subject. And I want to create a template ( a set of segments) to increase the quality of the tracking algorithm in Motive. Unfortunately, I didn't find such an option in Motive, all I found is how to create rigid bodies and skeletons. When I use rigid body for the facial data, after slight movements the body is no more recognized (which is normal because the face is not a rigid object). Can you please guide me through this issue.

Thank you !
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Template for facial data

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi abc,

Unfortunately, facial templates are not something that currently exist, or can be built, within Motive. Rigid Bodies will tend not to work well for the face since, as you noted, it is not a rigid object.

If you wish to capture facial data, you will need to capture unlabeled markers. In Edit Mode, you can create a MarkerSet that can be used to manually label the markers.
http://v20.wiki.optitrack.com//index.ph ... MarkerSets

We do hope to build more labeling solutions, in the future, for data that is neither a rigid body nor a skeleton. For the time being, this remains a very manual process.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com