can't export AVI

yutingaling

can't export AVI

Post by yutingaling »

Hello!

I'm trying to export my grayscale reference video as an AVI file but no files are being generated. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: can't export AVI

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello yutingaling,

Motive does not support exporting the raw grayscale video to AVI. This process was very slow and yielded very large files, and was removed by design.

For reference video, we do recommend that the cameras be set to MJPEG mode. This video can be exported as an AVI file from Motive.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com
yutingaling

Post by yutingaling »

Hi Steven! Thanks for the reply. I can record using MJPEG in the future but I really need to extract the avi file for the greyscale video I already have. Are there any external ways around this?
steven.andrews wrote:Hello yutingaling,

Motive does not support exporting the raw grayscale video to AVI. This process was very slow and yielded very large files, and was removed by design.

For reference video, we do recommend that the cameras be set to MJPEG mode. This video can be exported as an AVI file from Motive.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Unfortunately, there is no way around this. Exporting raw grayscale to video is not supported by the software, so it is not possible.

Maybe you could try using some screen grab software to record a video of a portion of your screen while you playback. But I do not think this will give you the same frame rate, and I am not certain about resolution.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com
fr.cini

Post by fr.cini »

Hello,

I have a problem to export MJPEG reference videos from a tak. In particular when I open the tak (that has 2 references MJPEG videos recorded) into motive (Editor mode) at the very beginning the reference view of one of the two cameras is all black and it show "Camera -1" on the top right corner of the window While the second reference view shows the images of the first frame and the right number of the camera. As soon as I move the bar to scroll the frames into the editor mode the images of the video appear also in the first reference view as well as the right number of the camera. However when I click on export video Motive export only one of the two reference videos. In particular it doesn't export the video of the camera that at the beginning showed the number -1. How can I export both of the reference videos?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi fr.cini,

That is an unusual error. Maybe the camera dropped out at the beginning of the recording and reconnected?

You could try trimming out the portion of the Take that is missing video data for the one camera. Here are instructions for trimming capture takes.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com
johnclinton2018

Post by johnclinton2018 »

Sometimes My Camera lags too and I face the same issue

Is this happens with everyone??